Bugeye Front Bumpers; Heaters

To: List Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye Front Bumpers; Heaters
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:02:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am preparing a 1960 Bugeye Sprite for SCCA autocross, and in
its history has been somewhat of a vintage racer. It has a
'flip-from-the-front' bonnet, a pretty stout cross-braced roll
bar, no heater (well, I do live in Arizona!), a fuel cell, and is
missing most of its interior. Some of the street wiring is
'incomplete' (i.e., missing, like to the headlights).

This will take some time to improve.

It has some good stuff, too. It has a 1275, electronic ignition,
long branch headers, posi, panhard bar, fuel cell, mechanical
distributor, lightened flywheel, and 45 DCOE Weber.

The questions.

1) Was the heater an option for the Bugeye? I know it was
optional on early MGB's.

2) Was the front bumper optional on the Bugeye?

3) I am assuming I must restore the 'stock-opening' hood latches
for SCCA D Street Prepared class.....yes? Or is this a 'comfort
or convenience' allowed modification? I would gladly re-mount the
hinges if I could leave the mounting as is.

Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks for any advice or wisdom.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye Sprite DSP