Carburetor troubles solved

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carburetor troubles solved
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:50:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Got a chance to look at my carburetor this weekend.  I was having
trouble with the choke.  There were 2 problems.  The first was the
spring for the fast idle cam was not engaged in the hole in the
fast idle cam.  This allowed the cam to float around giving me
random and assorted throttle settings.  The second was the lever(?)
that rests on the fast idle pin.  It was slightly bent.  Now
the car runs good, and idles at close to the correct speed.

Thanks for the advice,

--
Bill Gilroy
1977 Midget