Re: bug-i trip

To: "Rick/Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>, "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: bug-i trip
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:30:40 -0400
Cc: "spridgets @autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Congrats Crash, and , hey, that reminds me.  This week is 1 year with the
Bugeye.  I remember because on my 1200 mile drive home, I stopped in
Albany, KY at midnight at a motel for $16.99 a night (it was the only place
on the road and I didn't know where the hell I was going in a strange new
40 year old car with a newly busted gas gauge and odometer).  The TV got 1
channel, and I stayed up with the lights on fully clothed because of the
roaches waiting in the corners to overtake me watching Elton John sing that
Goodbye England's Rose song at Diana's funeral as it was being broadcast
live from England at 3 am.  While I truly loved Di (the lady ROCKED in my
book), all I could hear in my head the next day in my radio-less Sprite
through Tennessee and Georgia was that damn song.

God Save The Queen, Di's Memory, and the LBC's,
Ron

----------
> From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
> To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
> Cc: spridgets @autox.team.net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: bug-i trip
> Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 12:45 PM
>
> Hi Crash,
>
> I guess you can't ask for any thing more than that.  It's a great
> feeling isn't it.  Concrats is in order.
>
> Rick
>
> David Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > Just got back from my weekend in the bay area, 70 e-mails.  Thought you
all might like to know  500 miles and nothing broke!!!!  The tool bag
stayed in the boot the whole trip, I think this is a first for this car.
I-80 at 75 mph @3800rpm all the way except on the grades when I would drop
it into 4th and still pull 70 mph.  I only saw two other English cars, a
XJ6 on the back of a tow truck and a XK8 passed me with his top and windows
up (must have be cool in there),  it was real hot with the o