Weekends(long)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weekends(long)
From: FunE4MG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:07:50 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Since everyone is talking about how their cars and they spent the weekend, I
thought I'd join in and brag too. Last weekend was the 27th annual Ball
Bearing Breaker Challenge Rallye here in San Diego.  This one was a real
bugger according to 18 of the 22 cars that ran it. (They had to open at least
1 bail out envelope to get to the finish point) The Bugeye ran terrifically
except for one nagging problem that I thought was cleared up when I had the
speedo recalibrated...it now reads fine in the speed and odometer departments
but only runs to 59.9 on the trip meter before it goes halfway to the 60 mark
and freezes up...back to the speedo guys it goes for their warranty
work....anyways, this rallye was a gimmick type rallye. The gimmick being that
whenever you came to a "T" in the road, you had to turn left unless otherwise
directed...AND if you were doing a count E.G. right turn at third opportunity
when you encountered this T, you reset your count  so you weren't at your
second opp looking for # 3 anymore, you were looking for #1 again. Long long
story shorter, The wife and I won the event by 70 points over the #2
finisher...

Now, this past weekend was the local Blind Recreation Center's 8th Annual
Braille Rallye...a really fun event that pairs classic car drivers with
visually impaired navigators...this is a FREE event, you get a T shirt and
lunch in the deal and if you're lucky enough to place 5th or better in your
class (there are 3, braille, large print and cassette tape categories) you get
a trophy... Luck was with me again aparently because my totally blind partner,
who had a blast cruising in a topless Bugeye while reading braille at 70 mph
in some places, got us through the entire 51 mile stretch without getting
lost, close enough to the correct time and mileage to win First Place...Suzi
had a great time volunteering with the organizing of cars/navigator pairing,
lunch set up and table clearing. The Corvette Club set  up the route and
should be commended for a job well done...
In the end it's Starbug Sprite: 2...all other British cars?????
Hope you all had great weekends...even if you haven't written about them...yet
 Cheers,
Tom and Suzi Zylla
San Diego, CA
'60 Sprite...."StarBug"