Re: Freeze plugs

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Freeze plugs
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 21:36:35 -0400
Cc: "spridgeteers" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Everything's new on this engine.  Bought set from Brit Parts NW for $3.50,
saw nicer brass ones in Pep Boys for less.  You're right - I've never had
them leak but know of some who have and am buttoning up everything in this
block as well as possible.  Had several people (and one excellent book on
blueprinting) tell me that they're misnamed, and will not really stop a
block from freezing.  The holes are used to get the sand out that is used
in the casting process of the engines.