cooling

To: J6879758@emu.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cooling
From: spridget1@juno.com (jeff carroll)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 00:55:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 How do you cool your mill?   Electric fan?, horizontal flow radiator?
<snip>
 is it worth doing?  should I bail the mech fan or run them both?  elec
fan on all the time or thermoswitch?
Thanks
Andy
<snip>
Greetings Spridgeteers, Andy,

     I'm new to the list (2 days) and "de-lurking" myself with this one.
I installed a 10" low profile elect. fan in front of my radiator this
Wednesday.  Had it out for some re-soldering and decided to go for it.
Left the plastic fan on for the time being and ran a toggle for the new.
Result: 98 degree day and a 170 degree cooling system in heavy traffic!
It took about 30minutes extra to fit the fan and wire it *safely*, the
cooler temps and extra confidence are well worth it.  IMHO, of course.

Looking foward to all the great info from the "list".  Flame shields
ready just in case :)
Jeff Carroll
Anderson, SC
'72 Midget