Re: 948 Block/1098 Head

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, millerls@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: 948 Block/1098 Head
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 13:24:41 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,
I have no idea why not I thought it was the thing to do. I am getting
ready to do exactly that. The only caveat was that the best head was the
12G295 and the combustion chamber volume is a bit larger than the 948
head so you need to shave the head down to restore compression.
The 1275 heads are where the problem lies in that you need to clearance
the block for the valves and end up with quite a bit of valve shrouding
because of it. If I am wrong someone please tell me before I get it
installed (as if someone would not).
Regards,
Peter.