That time again...

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: That time again...
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:48:38 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
As it gets colder again, I know I will be lured into the garage more and
more.  And as some of you may know, I am doing a total tear-down and
rebuild of my '75 Midget.  My goal is to make a car that will be capable
of being driven lots and lots and lots of miles.  With that in mind,
what are your recommendations for what to do to existing parts, such as
master cylinders, break calipers, etc?  Is it safe enough to rebuild
these things, or knowing ahead of time that I want to put lots of miles
on this car, would it be better to go ahead and purchase new items?  I
guess I have to weigh, for instance, would it be better to rebuild Part
A than buy it from Supplier A? or maybe stuff from Supplier B is better
than original, so I'd be better off getting new stuff from them...

Thanks!

adrian,
not moving to florida because he got a better job where he lives now
(and doesn't want to give up his huge garage)...

--
J. Adrian Barnes

http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
http://www.ravineware.com