I'm Back! / Vacation / LBC sightings - longish

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I'm Back! / Vacation / LBC sightings - longish
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:49:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello fellow mg-nauts!  I'm back from my five days off-line (did anybody
notice?).  Just got back from a long weekend in the Thousand Islands.
Yes, I missed Watkins Glen.  It was our anniversary and the SO doesn't
think vintage racing is very romantic (imagine that!), so we opted for
the next best thing:  a weekend of the best fishing in the world!

Had a great time and even spotted some LBCs!  Do these belong to any
listers?  On the way up there Thursday afternoon, a green MGB passed us
at the Arby's on Rt 13 in Pulaski, NY.  Then there was a white MGA on
the roadside (Rt 12E) on Saturday somewhere between Cape Vincent and
Alexandria Bay - not sure what town it was in. maybe Clayton.  It
appeared to be for sale, and I meant to investigate further later in the
day, but somehow missed it on the way back to the Cape.  We also saw a
red Spitfire in Alex Bay on the same day.  We avoided the Thruway on the
way home yesterday, and took the scenic route (the Seaway Trail) and saw
a bunch more LBCs.  There was a gorgeous silver Big Healey and a
handsome red TD coming from a golf course on Rt 3.  I think it was near
Selkirk Shores (?).  Then there was another red Spit and a red MGB in
Rochester - don't ask me where, exactly, 'cause I was lost.  We ended up
back on the Thruway in Rochester (again, 'cause I was lost), and
abandoned the scenic route.  We saw no more LBCs until we spotted the
two in my driveway.  Too bad one of them didn't get to go on the trip,
but I don't know that I (and the SO) have enough faith in my on-the-road
LBC mechanical skills just yet, for a 200+ mile trip.  There wouldn't
have been much room for spare parts after the luggage and fishing gear
either.

So, what have I missed?  I'll try to catch up in the archives, but
that'll take a while.   How was Watkins Glen?  What's this I hear about
Lucas moving to my hometown of Buffalo, NY?  And how's Philip's front
suspension doing these days?  I feel like I've been gone for ages!

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger