Re: Fallfest Luminaries

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Fallfest Luminaries
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:55:34 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Aha!  Now that I know a number of luminaries will be at the Fallfest show
> in Dover tomorrow, I'll just have to make it.

I also made it to Fallfest and was able to meet some of the lister.  Nice
helpful bunch.  One of the parts I was looking for for my Midget was a
speedometer.  The one I had always read low and both the trip and odometer
no longer worked.  Anyway as I was looking Frank pulled one out and said,
"this one is in good shape."  I took a look and took him I it was the wrong
one, I needed the one that goes to 120 MPH, not 100 MPH.  Then frank explained
that the 120 MPH speedos were from MBGs not the Midgets.  I guess that
could explain the very low readings.  So I bought the one he found, cleaned it
up and placed it in my Midget.  Works fine, speed is much closer to correct and
both the odometer and trip meter work, and it only cost $10.

Of course my midget with the rusted fenders, missing carpet, torn toneau cover
and
all of the greasy hand and finger prints all over the fenders looked bit out of
place next to the well polished cars, not that I care.

Next time I go to one of these things I will bring a camera.  I got to look at
some complete cars that the DPO had not remove, replaced, rewired or otherwise
messed up. I could have used a couple of pictures of a correct and complete
engine
compartment.   Live and learn.

----
Bill Gilroy
77 Midget, complete with rust and greasy hand prints
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com
Telephone: 732-957-4775
Fax:       732-957-4775