RE: SICP Windshields

To: "'hello39@idt.net'" <hello39@idt.net>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: SICP Windshields
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:54:02 -0400
Cc: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Make that 8 left.  I just ordered one.  (Figuring that Alan wouldn't want
to make a delivery trip to Ohio.)

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net

On Monday, September 14, 1998 2:55 PM, hello39@idt.net
[SMTP:hello39@idt.net] wrote:
> Frank and the group,
> Special interest car parts has windshield new on sale 9 left at
> $49.99 each. Anyone need a spare?
> Add 7% RI sales tax and I'll pickup for you.
> Gotta know quick b4 they disappear.
> Alan
>
> Frank Clarici wrote:
>
> > David Ramsey wrote:
> > >
> > > Did it a couple of months ago, cost was $685 for the complete kit
from rivergate + $65 for the Datsun trans from pick and pull.  Everything
goes like clock work if you follow Bills instructions.  Results were
75mph@3800rpm cruise in 5th gear.  The other 4 gears are close to the old
ribcase ratios. I would never go back to a ribcase in my bug-i.  The cost
was about the same as a rebuilt ribcase and clutch (which is included in
the kit).  I really like it.