Re: so you think your fast?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: so you think your fast?
From: Eriks Skinkis <eriks@netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:28:10 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The owner of The Fright is a member of our car club. For those that are
interested here are some
specs. on the car:

The body is a heavily modified 1959 Sprite.

*Engine is 3.8 litre Jaguar bored to 4.2 litres, Weslake head and individual
manifolding 3x 45 DCOE
Webers.
*Gearbox from 4.2 E-type 4 speed (transmission tunnel has been considerably
enlarged).
*Fuel consumption, cruise 20 mpg, town 8 mpg.
*The rear consists of a Lotus built tubular steel subframe, carrying e-type
differential and inboard
brake assembly. Adapted Chapman strut suspension with Lowe wishbones to provide
independent
suspension for the rear.

1st gear  - 75 mph
2nd gear - 100 mph
3rd gear - 150 mph
4th gear - 170 mph

0-60 mph - 3 seconds

The current owner would like to find out the UK history of this car. So if
anyone can help with any
details, no matter how insignificant, you can email them to me and I'll be
happy to pass the details
on.

Cheers,
Eriks.