Re: Feeling Old - Skateboards

To: allene@mediacity.com, rl01587@imcnam.sbi.com
Subject: Re: Feeling Old - Skateboards
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 07:54:47 EDT
Cc: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-09-20 05:34:08 EDT, allene@mediacity.com writes:

<<  I know this because I was a skateboarder in college (early 80's), and
later
 > into my early married life. The kids would come by and ask my wife if I
 > could come out and play. The kids said, upon seeing me skateboard "wow,
 > you're the coolest guy I know over 14"  I was late 20's and already feeling
 > pretty old! >>

Know the feeling.
Brought out my 1966 vintage (original owner) big ass surf board this past
summer for the first time in many many years.  You should have seen the looks
on the youngsters faces to see this old geezer hauling basically a sail boat
down to the water.  They were equally surprised that I could still
ride...though a bit rusty.  Next year moondoggy and I (#2 child)   put it in
the Sprite and head South.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj