Re: Wheel compatability

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel compatability
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spidgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Biff,

No they won't.
Fiats have a 99mm bolt circle, while we have a 4" bolt circle (101.6mm).

Here is the compability info as posted before:
---------------------------
Patton,

Thanks for posting the list with the 4 on 4 bolt patterns! I always look
for something that fits and that people know (or have in their incomplete
lists) when I go shopping for wheels. They don't have the `4 on 4'
anywhere written down.

Anyway, I looked through the list and found two cars that have very likely
metric bolt patterns: The Opels Manta and Kadett. It would be really
strange to find then not to be 4 on 100mm. In the same fashion are also
some BMW bolt patterns (old BMW 3 series). As Al Fisher pointed out: the
100mm are almost 4". 4" are actually 101.6mm. The difference is about 1.6%
or 1.6mm in this case.

I love one old BMW wheel that I am longing to find, but I don't really
trust that bolt pattern. It could ruin my day if in a swiftly driven curve
the wheel passes me.

Cheers,

Gus
'71 Midget

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Patton Dickson wrote:
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~k124476/dataBySubject/WheelBoltPatterns.html
>
> 4 on 4
>         Austin-Healey Sprite
>         Crosley - all '39-'52
>         MG Midget
>         Jensen Healey
>         Opel Manta, Kadette
>         GM L-body
>              Buick Skyhawk '75-'81
>              Chevrolet Vega, Monza '71-'81
>              Pontiac Sunbird, Astre '76-'81
>              Oldsmobile Starfire '75-'81
>
> I also was told yesterday that early Corvairs (including the Spyders)
have

---- End Quote -----

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Biff Jones wrote:

> All,
>
> I remember a thread a while back on what rims are usable on a
> Sprite/Midget, however, I didn't save it.   Does some one still
> have the final list that was aired?
>
> I have a friend who has some Fiat alloy wheels, 13 x 5.5s for
> sale and they are nice but can't physicaly try them out.  Will
> they work?
>
> TIA,
> Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'

                                                           '67 Sprite