Re: Transmission Help

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Help
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:34:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D. wrote:

> It was suggested that I have the 2nd and 3rd synchronizers and all
> bearings replaced in the Datsun before I install it.  The cost is
> around $250.  It is probably a good idea, is it necessary?

Paul,
I will do just that when I take my 5-speed back out.
I have some slop in my drivetrain that I want to get rid of, plus worn
bearings killed my ribcase, so I want new ones.
2nd and 3rd synchros are used most often and mine scratch just a little
when the tranny is cold.

If you don't mind removing the transmission again, you could try it in
your car - maybe you get lucky and someone completely rebuilt the
transmission in his Datsun 210 right before the driver's seat rusted
through the floor...

                                                           '67 Sprite