Re: Arrrgh! Can't get antenna off

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Arrrgh! Can't get antenna off
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:31:02 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
John:

Remember a couple of weeks back I said I had the windshield washer
nipples removed and the holes plugged when I had my paint done?  Well, I
did the same with my Antenna hole too.  This summer, I wanted to install
a stereo again and fabricated a small 90 degree angle bracket for the
antenna out of 1.5" x 1/4" x 5" aluminum stock.  I bent it at a 90,
smoothed the edges, and drilled a 1" hole to accept the new antenna
mount, then a 3/8" hole on the other end.  I attached it to the
upper right rear bumper mount bracket where the bumper mounts to the
body.  It's removable so when I put my cover on, I just take the antenna
 off.  Works great, looks great, and the hole for the lead goes in
through the trunk floor.

I can't help you with your antenna removal.....sorry.  But, could you
consider installing a mechanized one that goes up/down with ignition or
radio?

They're not that expensive. ~~$60.00 I think

Regards....Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")