Re: Advice for a newcomer

To: rcarlson@csw.com
Subject: Re: Advice for a newcomer
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:06:52 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 9/29/98 9:35:00 AM, rcarlson@csw.com writes:

<<I have finally found enough disposable income to 'comfortably' buy the car
of my dreams - a AH bugeye. Keeping in mind that I'm not looking for
concours and I value driveability over originality - I like to solicit
advice from anyone who would care to comment.>>

Fred's advice is right.  However do not be turned off if the car does not have
a 5 speed .  If you are going to drive the car at speeds greater than 65 mph
then a 5 speed is most certainly the thing  to have.  We still have a '67 four
speed in our car and it has been driven at freeway speeds (65 mph and less)
for about 60,000 miles and was driven 100,000 miles on the orignal rib case
tranny.  It would be nice to drop the RPM at higher speeds, if you have a
1275, but it will not keep you from having fun.

Good Luck

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite