Re: Positively challenged

To: RobertDuquette@compuserve.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Positively challenged
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:46:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 9/30/98 9:35:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RobertDuquette@compuserve.com writes:

<<
 Why am I seeing sparks???????

 Robert
 '65 Sprite >>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Robert,

It is time to get your wiring diagram and run to a copy machine.  If you don't
have a shop manual, even a Haynes manual, get one.  Make several copies of the
wiring diagram, enlarging them if your copier allows.  Then take some
highlighter pens and trace the wires that you are trying to fix.  Use
different colors for grounds, and the temp sender and headlight circuits.  The
highlighter really helps you follow the correct wires.  (That's a tip I got
from this list!  Thanx, listers!)

This will allow you to see where the wires are supposed to be.  All the wires
are color coded on the diagram, so you should be able to trace them in the car
fairly easily.

Now, if you have a DPO (and it sounds like you do), it may be quite a task to
straighten out the wiring.  In the '77 Midget I am buying, the GPO (Good
Previous Owner) told me that HIS DPO had so much extra wiring that he had to
remove about 50' just to get the car to start!

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
'79 Dodge F150 pickup (My son's, with bright low beams and dimmer high beams!)