Re: Positively challenged (Thanks)

Subject: Re: Positively challenged (Thanks)
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:20:07 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I did this for pre-inspection wiring faults.  It didn't always help when
wires were red at one end as in the diagram, and brown at the other end.

Got my problem solved.  Thanks to everyone!

Robert

Message text written by INTERNET:Ajhsys@aol.com
><<
 Why am I seeing sparks???????

 Robert
 '65 Sprite >>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Robert,

It is time to get your wiring diagram and run to a copy machine.  If you
don't
have a shop manual, even a Haynes manual, get one.  Make several copies of
the
wiring diagram, enlarging them if your copier allows.  Then take some
highlighter pens and trace the wires that you are trying to fix.  Use
different colors for grounds, and the temp sender and headlight circuits.
The
highlighter really helps you follow the correct wires.  (That's a tip I got
from this list!  Thanx, listers!)

This will allow you to see where the wires are supposed to be.  All the
wires
are color coded on the diagram, so you should be able to trace them in the
car
fairly easily.

Now, if you have a DPO (and it sounds like you do), it may be quite a task
straighten out the wiring.  In the '77 Midget I am buying, the GPO (Good
Previous Owner) told me that HIS DPO had so much extra wiring that he had
remove about 50' just to get the car to start!

Good luck,

Allen Hefner<