Re: Advice for a newcomer

To: rcarlson@csw.com, dthompson@gbc.ca, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Advice for a newcomer
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 05:13:42 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-10-01 14:19:27 EDT, rcarlson@csw.com writes:

<< (I'd just like to get some idea of how much
 gain there is for the additional effort - never having riden in a bugeye
 with a Datsun tranny.) >>

I gotta tell you that my one and only ride in a 5 speed bugeye was at Sprite
Bash in John Fishers car.  Man, it was like a smooth case on steroids.  High
revs, smooth shifting...just like a real transmission!    And 5th gear...oh
man to have fifth gear in my smooth case...hmmmm  hey Frank, can you put a
fifth gear in a smooth case? And Don't forget the ultimate in luxury...syncro
in first.  Now I know how the Rolls and Bentley folks feel.   If your
contimplating maaking the conversion and your not hung up on originality like
me, I'd go with the 1275 and 5 speed tranny in a New York minute.  Just my two
cents.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock,nj