Exhaust Manifold

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Exhaust Manifold
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,
My exhaust used to leak, but I figured out that this is usually due to the
clamp.  I went to using a new clamp even if the old one looks fairly
good.
I used a floor jack to push the exhaust pipe up against the manifold and
looked at and felt around the joint to make sure that it is lining up
well.
If it doesn't, the pipe needs to be moved around or bent.  Mine lined up
faily well.  I then installed the clamp while the jack still held up the
pipe.  No leaks.

I have since changed to the later 1275 setup, it has a tiny leak too BTW.

                                                           '67 Sprite