Re: seeking a copy of the book "Sprite MG Midget Handbook and Service Ma

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: seeking a copy of the book "Sprite MG Midget Handbook and Service Manual" by Floyd Clymer
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:28:30 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel:

I have an extra copy of this book.  It's not in the best of shape and
was found in the boot of my car when I got it.  I have since acquired
another complete copy but haven't photocopied the missing pages as of
yet.  If you wish, I could do that and ship it to you if you wish.

As I mentioned, the condition of the my extra copy is not the best, as
the binding has been broken/removed and most of it is just free pages.
I have subsequently gotten them in the correct order however.

The binding of the copy I acquired was the same, but the entire book has
been 3-hole punched and is in a small 7"x8" 3-ring hardsurface binder.
This seems to work quite well as the book stays open to the pages I'm
referencing.  There seems to be about 20 missing pages in my original
one. Most of these are either in the extrememe front, or the extreme
back of the book as it was these areas which suffered the most while
sliding around in the boot for 30 years.  I could copy these from my
complete copy and send them along.  Also, the usual pages are a bit
greasy w/fingerprints and such.  Naturally, these are in the electrical
and carbeurator section (go figure).

Anyway, It's probably not worth more than about $15.00 or so.  I'll take
 any and all reasonable offers.

You're in Canada right?

Regards,  Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")