getting the %$#*!) nut off the end of the crankshaft

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: getting the %$#*!) nut off the end of the crankshaft
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:11:59 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Everyone,

I have a spare 1275 A engine that I want to rebuild into a slightly hot
engine, but I am stuck at getting the nut off the front of the crankshaft.
I know that I've seen this a number of times on this list; use a piece of 2
x 4, a long breaker bar and a big hammer, but I can't remember if this nut
is standard thread or reverse. There is no mention of it being reverse in
the Hayes or Bently manuals, but I just want to double check to make sure
I'm not tightening this thing because it doesn't budge.

I tried all of the above plus PB Blaster and heat (I figure on replacing
the nut when this is all over)

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC