Re: Spridget Hard Tops - Where to get?

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spridget Hard Tops - Where to get?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@saul.u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 11:34:18 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
John,
get one used.  Go to swap meets at local british car meets, or buy one
from a list member near you.  They are often for sale, because people
figure out that they aren't that much of an improvement over a soft top
in good shape.  I have a hardtop on my car right now and it is about the
same noise level on the interstate, but a different pitch.  If I
replaced all the seals and got it to completely seal around the side
windows (I doubt it), it might be better.
The main disadvantage is that if you have it on the car on a longer trip
(for which it would be ideal), you can't put the top down when the sun
comes out!

Ulix (hardtop not for sale :-)

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 13:03:39 -0400 gottstein@erols.com (John C.
Gottstein) wrote:

>Hi,
>   There was some discussion about the virtues of a hard top, but no
>one
>said where they can be acquired.  Does anyone know offhand?
>
>Thanks a lot,
> John Gottstein
>
>'75 Midget

                                                           '67 Sprite