re: Raleigh Brit Car Fest and -ETC-

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Raleigh Brit Car Fest and -ETC-
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 98 19:04:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>>Would that 'Ed', by any chance, be our own 'CONAN'????  (If it is, I'll
>>have to wish him a Happy B-day - I didn't know!)

  I confess; 'twas I!   (You young whipper-snapper..) :-) :-) :-)

  Hmmm... Things must be looking up.  TWO "Happy Birthday" wishes from
Lady's who didn't even know about it!  ;-) :-) :-)  GOOD percentage! :-)
  I only mentioned it to Robert because I wasn't sure I'd make the show
because of it.

  Y'all oughta see Carol's bugeye!  I think she drove it from the showroom
to the show!!
  I'm told you won a prize?  The other bugeye was real nice, but nothing to
compare to yours.

  To those who saw it; that dark blue w/white stripe racing Sprite was the
friend of mine who I've told y'all about.  I can remember when he was
flat-towing (driving?) that car to local autocrosses nigh onto twenty-five
years ago!  It's gotten fancier and faster ever since.  He now has people
teasing him about winning SCCA regional races with his "vintage" suspension.
:-)  (He's still using leaf springs while the money folks use coil-overs.)

  In addition to the ~half-dozen Spridgets entered in the show, there were
at least four others parked on perimeter roads as spectators.  Plus the
blue '62 -Midget- for sale (on a trailer), and another rougher car on a
trailer behind the parts tables (no 'for-sale' sign or other info posted).

  I had a good time talking to Chuck a while; and met Carol in-person for
the first time. (Hi!)  Also ran into a couple of other folks Chuck and I
both knew from work (several years ago) but didn't know were involved.  One
guy with a real nice, blue, rb Midget asked me to take his picture next to
it.  Adrian-from-the-list maybe? :-)
  I figure if I go to enough of these and meet enough nice folks I'll get
inspired enough to do something about getting 'Emma-G' going again. ;-)

  For those interested in the 'fly-in' part of the day..  I didn't notice
anything overly interesting, but there was what I think was a Cessna 170
that appeared to be taking part in the 'Young Eagle' flights; and somebody
had a half-finished kit plane that I can't identify. (Low-wing, fiberglass,
monoplane with a single open cockpit.  VW power?  Project started 1988.)

    Ed in NC