Stupid Paint Question

To: spridget <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stupid Paint Question
From: chuck ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:05:51 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, here goes ... but I am embarassed about this.

I am doing some on and off body work on the Midget.
Fixing lite rust here and there. As I do an area,
I want to make it match, at least temporarily, the
rest of the car. Don't want big, ugly gray
primer spots. I want it to look good till I get all
the work done and then strip and have the whole thing
painted at once.

So I got a couple cans of matching spray paint
(DupliColor, I think?). As I fix a fender, I
prime it and then shoot some color from the can.

Please Remember ... This is Temporary Only !

Now the problem is ... I can't get the can paint to
gloss. Looks ok. Color is good. Just no gloss. I even
used some polishing compound. I'm clearly no painter.

Should I hit it with some clear coat? Or maybe just
wax it?

chuck