Rack Steering Boot Replacement

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rack Steering Boot Replacement
From: Don.Clark@fluordaniel.com
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:30:05 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

     I asked this question a few weeks ago and go a few responses, but no
     one told me how to accomplish the replacement of the rack steering
     boots on my '72 Midget.  I have not removed the radiator and the
     engine is in place.  So, I have to work around that.  Do I need to
     remove the radiator?  My problem is getting the end of the new boot
     over the rack housing.  I cannot get two hands on it from the top or
     the bottom to stretch the boot over the larger end of the housing.

     Don
     '72 Midget