RE: Brake Fluid

To: "'Trevor Boicey'" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: RE: Brake Fluid
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:45:09 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I would question why you would ever need to top the brake system up.
There should be no leakage of any sort, I for one would blanch at
driving any car that needed occasional brake fluid (I remember my 1970
Toyota HiLux Pickup and its regular master cylinder failures all too
well).  Typically opened brake fluid is kept around for long periods of
time and mixed with new brake fluid, degrading the value of new fluid...

True that brake fluid in a tightly sealed can may be better than that in
the system, but it is not nearly as good as that from a new sealed can.
Moisture is death to brake systems.