No LBC content: Go see "Ronin"

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: No LBC content: Go see "Ronin"
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:24:14 -0400
Cc: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers:

As someone who rarely goes out to the movies, I reluctantly accepted my
S.O.'s invitation to go the the movie "Ronin" last week.

First, let me say this: the plot is about as confusing as it gets and you
might not like the wishy-washy ending. Also, the the movie is long and has
a lot of dull parts (depending on what you consider dull, I actually liked
the plot). If you liked the 1970's style thrillers like French Conection or
Bullit, you'll like the movie.

The whole reason for sitting thru the boring parts is for the car chases.
Although there are only really two of them, they are superb. Great sound,
great camera angles, very well filmed. John Frankenheimer (sp?) has not
lost his capacity to film fast cars since he directed "Grand Prix" in 1968.
I say Sylvester Stallone should hire him to film the new Grand Prix movie.
He deserves it.

The only misgiving I have is that poor Sean Bean, who is my favorite actor
(ever see Sharpe's Rifles on PBS), get cast as a jerk in the movie.

Daniel T.