Making LBC fans - one kid at a time

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Making LBC fans - one kid at a time
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:18:16 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

    Midget is in the garage, almost finished with new carpet and
interior.  Very surprised by the Moss kit.  Exact color and perfect fit,
good quality.

    While taking the oldest son (8) to soccer tonight, we pass a dark
blue MGA.  "Dad", he says, "If I were magic I would get you all the cars
you wanted."  "Not like these" he said, pointing to a Camry and an
Escort, "But neat cars, Like the MGA or a Sprite or Midget."

    I bought the Midget when he was two.  He and his younger brother
(5), fight over who gets to ride with Dad in the "Green Car".  The five
year old has been in the car since in utero days, when I took his mom to
her obstetrician appointments.  When he turned fussy, I'd load him in
the car seat and drive around the block a few times.  He would soon be
asleep, listening to the motor and watching the sun set with the top
down.  They both know British cars, and definately know the difference
between Sprites and Midgets, MGB's etc.

    Now another fan will be born in January.  Ultra sound confirms that
he is a boy.  He too rides in the Midget in Mom's tummy to the doctor.
I'm sure like his Dad  and brothers LBC's will be in his blood, along
with a dash of 20w-50 and some 90w gear oil.  Glad that I have something
that I can pass on to my three sons.

Steve
'89 and '93 LBC loving Kids
'79 Midget
'67 Sprite
'66 Sprite
other less worthy forms of transportation
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."