Now where did that #$%#$ wheel go?

To: MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Now where did that #$%#$ wheel go?
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:56:01 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
So,  I had something of an interesting weekend.  I went home from work early,
put down the top,
and off to dinner with a buddy.  Car ran great.  No problems.

After dinner we decided to meet some other friends in Hoeboken(?) (New Jersey).

Hmm.. should I take the MG... beautiful night...  lots of women...  OF COURSE
I'm taking the MG.

So I get on the BQE, get her up to ~55mph when rattle rattle rattle.  Hmm,
what was that?  I move
over to the right lane. rattle rattle rattle.  Maybe my door -> slam -> rattle
rattle rattle.

Still can't figure it out.  Start to slow down 45mpg 40mph 35mph

BING!!!!  And a little silver thing goes shooting past my head.  Sudden
swaying...  OH S#%T...  Next
thing I know I'm swerving all over and end doing a 180 into the left lane san
my driver's side rear
wheel.

Thanx to the heads up driving of the person in the taurus in the left lane,
we're still alive (the
car, my friend, and I).  After we pick up the car, and walk it off the highway
(5 or 6 feet onto the
breakdown area) I run ACROSS the highway to collect an undamaged tire, wait for
the tow to lift me
up and proceed to the nearest bar to my house with 3 lugs per wheel.

I've NEVER been as scared as that in my life.

Only a little damage,  but I'll be in the market for a decent body shop come
next pay check for the
panel behind the tire.  Anyone use those 4" panel replacements for the midget?
Does it cover up to
where the molding goes, 'cause that's where its bent up to.

Mike

'78 Midget (only a little banged up and 4 lugs short)
'87 300zx (with all her lugs and wheels)