Re: Re: Some people... (minor lbc content)

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Some people... (minor lbc content)
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 03:44:46 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
We messed up on our orignal post, forgot to send it to the list.

<<Remember who is having the most fun on their trip to the bank.

>From one of our favorite books, you can replace MG with Sprite of course:

"We used to have an MG. People laughed at us, but it was worth it. "It'd be a
nice little car to collect eggs under the barn in," a farmerly man said to us
at a stop light.  We smiled up at him. "Look, Mother" a little boy said.
"Don't point at the people in the car" his mother said.  "It's not a car, it's
an MG," he said.  We smiled up at him.  Children would come to us and beg for
rides --- children love MG's; Schatzel, our dachshound, would come and jump up
in the MG and hope.  Other MG-drivers would wave to us, and we would wave to
them; when, waking in the night, I'd hear the distant snarl of an MG shifting
gears, I would know that out there in the darkness was somebody who wanted to
wave to me."

from "Go, Man, Go" by Randall Jarrell, 1957, reprinted in Omnibus of Speed
edited by Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan, 1958.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)