Re: "writing on the carb"

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: "writing on the carb"
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:12:54 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Both the brake and clutch cylinders were bolted on strangely.  Two bolts
hold each one on, and one bolt went through each cylinder on the inside
(with the nut on the outside) and the other went through from the outside
(with the nut on the inside).  Is this normal?  Is there a purpose?
Unfortunately, the pedal box I am removing the cylinders from is out of a
parts car.  These are going to be bolted back onto the pedal box (already
installed) in the "real car."  I do see how welding would make it easier.
Except in the case of my rearend, where the threads are welded onto the
chassis (inaccessible, under the trunk):  they are stripped and not
repairable without cutting a hole in a support beam.

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes

http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget