[no subject]

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:29:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In order to finance my vintage race car I need to consider selling my
Midget.
It hurts me to even write those words!

I was wondering what you all thought would be a fair price.

Here is what I am dealing with:

73' Midget
Glass flared fenders in front with glass hood
Steel rear fenders with glass flares
Decent white paint
some repair rust damage and collision damage (see rust free shell below)
Like new top
Battery moved to trunk
decent carpet
Nice dash  DPO did move/replace some gauges
Hidden radio tape deck
New fixed seat belts

13x6 wheels minilite copies
Stainless brake lines
Winners circle Panhard rod
WC radius links
Lower stiffer front and rear springs
Welded lowering blocks on rear axle
Carrera Adjustable Tube shock conversion front and rear
7/8" front sway bar in solid bushings
New rear cylinder 1997
Rebuilt front calipers 1997

Engine;
Kent 286 Road cam
Weber 45 dcoe
flowed big valve head
Aldon Rally dizzy
MSD 6A
Belt cam drive
High perf water pump
lightened flywheel
Electric fan
3 row recored radiator
Aluminum Valve cover

Spares
95% Rust free chassis (100% in the important parts)
3 transmission
1275 block
1275 engine
998 ? engine
Early MKIV sprite dash ?
seats
interior
74 dash
Gauges
Dolly for rolling chassis around garage
4 brand new fenders for WIDE tires from Winners circle
New shock arms with Rod Ends
Delrin Bushings front and rear
Offset front kingpin bushes
Loads of starters, alternators, and stuff from several parts cars.
TILTON brake and clutch pedals
Autopower roll bar

Known needs:
1st gear is getting weird and pops out if you let it (have a spare 1st
gear too! or 3 other trannys)
Smokes on startup after sitting for a week (valve guides should cure, but
you could live with it for years)
Current chassis isn't really great....I was planning on refurbishing and
swapping over the running gear.
Needs king pins rebuilt (got a little case of the shakes some of the
time)

I hate to see it go as I couldn't replace it with new for probably
$12,000
but I have a good deal on a prepped MGB vintage car that I should really
jump on.

What do you think $4500? (ouch) $5500? Still hurts
Where do you think the best palce to advertise it is?

Of course if YOU are interested let me know....but most of us already
have the car of our dreams!

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA  73-74 Midget

Central Virginia MG Classics  WWW.CENTRALVAMG.COM
RICHMOND BRITISH CAR DAYS ---September 18th and 19th, 1999
Send me your snail mail and I'll get you on the mailing list.