RE: Autox Sprite Handling Questions

To: "'Daniel1312@aol.com'" <Daniel1312@aol.com>, "'Spridgets@autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Autox Sprite Handling Questions
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:31:14 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am just stating that with a rear sway bar, I don't have a problem
lifting the rear wheel in road racing. Now, bear in mind that I also
have a full roll cage installed, competition rear 1/4 elliptics (3
leaves),
welded diff, and a panhard bar. But photos of the car in corners
never show loss of contact.

The rear sway bar adjustment works for me in adjusting how much
tail I get out the car. I can loosen it up and get the car to push
like a pig. Tighten it up and I can get the car to break the rear
just a wee bit loose and throttle steer her. If I tightened it up even
more, I expect I could make her positively tail happy.

I suppose I'm suggesting a rear sway bar for autox, racing, or
even just street driving, if you like it that way. Although if a
spridgeteer had a choice of a panhard or a rear sway bar, I'd
suggest the panhard every time.

JZ