RE: Disk brakes, heater.

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "Herold Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Disk brakes, heater.
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:20:40 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
To all,

I've been using the Hawk Blues up front, (about $75 set) and Winner's Circle
Kevlar shoes in the rear ($35 set). I've used AP 550 or the blue German
stuff available from BMW dealers... can't remember the name.

I race a lot at Blackhawk, notorious for being one of the hardest tracks on
brakes in North America, and at Road America, where the terminal speeds are
much higher than most other tracks.

I've never yet experienced fad with this setup. (For comparison, I faded a
set of Ferrados in 1 1/2 laps).

I get 10 to 12 race weekends out of this setup, and I do race it hard.

Rotors seem to last me about 15 race weekends.

I can't recommend this setup for street, as I've never tried it.

WST
Team Thicko