RE: Front Suspension Rebuild Correction

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Ajhsys@aol.com, ckotting@iwaynet.net
Subject: RE: Front Suspension Rebuild Correction
From: MIKE MACLEAN <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:44:47 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
To all on the list who responded,
     It seems I jumped the gun the other day when I said that my kingpin
trunnion and right front shock lever would line up correctly during
installation.  The rebuilt shock from Worldwide Auto Imports did not
have an MGA lever installed on it, as there is no other lever like the
spridget lever intalled on these Armstrong shocks.  I made the mistake
of going to the list first and talking to some freinds instead of
calling Peter at Worldwide.  My apologies to Peter for not giving him
first crack at the problem.  he explained to me that he has many right
front spridget cores for rebuild that have BENT lever arms because POs
use the right front wheel for a curb feeler.  This bent one just slipped
by somehow.  Peter really does a superior rebuild of our shocks ( they
are supposed to last lifetim and never need topping up!) and I would not
hesitate to recommend him to anyone for shock rebuild or an NOS parts
search. Sorry Peter.
                                                                   Mike
MacLean-60 Sprite