Re: re steering column - thank you

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, Steve Hombach <shombach@ee.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: re steering column - thank you
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:11:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve & Jeff,
        After MY steering column pulled out at 65MPH (YEE HAA!!) back in '73
('65
Midget), and I cleaned my seat off,  I found the pinch bolt itself had
rounded enough. Renewed the pinch bolt AND drilled and pinned the clamp
with a roll pin. Highly recommended!
Peter C   still alive... less hair & clean undies
------------
At 12:12 AM 10/29/98 -0500, Jeff Boatright wrote:
>Steve,
>
>If you replace the bolt and nut, make sure they are exact replacements
>dimensionally and in grade. There is not much room at the intersection.
>Plus, there is a brake line that runs very close.
>
>Jeff
>
>>Thanks to Jeff and Mike - you guys were right on and kept the beast and me
>>from possibly ending up in a ditch.

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)