Re: a Very Sad thing

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: a Very Sad thing
From: Leigh Ellen Johnson <ljohnson@cit.gu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:23:24 +1000 (EST)
Cc: RobertDuquette@compuserve.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You guys might hate me for this, but since I've been driving this
beautiful little car around, I've noticed people giving me more
room than they did in my nearly new Commodore.  I was reasonably
nervous about venturing out, given the drums on my MkII, and have
been VERY pleasantly surprised.  On the whole, people give me
plenty of room and actually let me keep a safe following distance
without feeling the need to cut in.  I have had my share of road rage
in the other car (including a guy who wanted to thump me for stopping
at a red light, but decided against it when he saw my chef's knives
on the seat beside me - stroke of luck really!), but absolutely
zilch in this one. What is the point of road rage anyway? Where is
the challenge in intimidating a young(ish) woman who only just tops
5 foot 3?  But that's another, far too lengthy subject.

I know the previous line of conversation on this topic went way
off LBC's and annoyed some people, but I have to say I found it
beneficial - I learnt some handy tips about being polite to trucks
that I didn't know before.

Leigh Ellen Johnson
'62 Mk II Sprite - 'Ebony'

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants"  Isaac Newton