Re: Quick hood (vinyl top) question

To: "Dave Brown" <davebrown1@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Quick hood (vinyl top) question
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 18:05:30 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave, Ulix is right, if it is tight to close now, you will definitely have
problems later - I've been there too! (eventually my vinyl hood slit at the
seams, it was so tight)
Two things that you migt try:
The frame fixing plate is fitted with 3 setscrews, and is slotted to allow
some adjustment. Lower this as far as it will go to reduce the length the
top has to stretch over the frame,
and ..... the two over centre catches fitted to the header rail also have
slotted adjustment, move them down/ forward as far as they will go.
OTOH get the hood refitted, else you will never be happy with it !

Guy