RE: Tachometers was Re: voltage regulator?

To: "Carlson, Rob" <rcarlson@csw.com>
Subject: RE: Tachometers was Re: voltage regulator?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:44:05 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The instructions for my Crane electronic ignition say that the british
inductive tach will probably be off after installation.
If I remember correctly, they say that you should loop the wire through
only once rather than twice.  But Spridget has only one loop anyway...

I didn't notice it being grossly off after the installation.  I compared
to a tach/dwell meter at 4000rpm and it was reasonably close.

I don plan to buy a cheap aftermarket tach for calibration of my stock
tach.

Ulix

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Carlson, Rob wrote:

> Q: Tachs and electronic ignitions - what do you mean by 'not get on well'?
> I'm trying to weigh the options of installing an electronic ignition and
> this may be a deal breaker. How serious of a problem is this and can it be
> mended?

                                                           '67 Sprite