'74 Midget Electrical & Gas Tank Update

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '74 Midget Electrical & Gas Tank Update
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:07:19 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Many thanks for the suggestions that are coming in for my two problems.
I've ordered a gaggle of parts from Motorhead partly to diagnose my
tach/fuel guage fuse blowing problem.  Among these are a new brake light
switch as mine has had the two spades bent around too much for me to like.

BTW, anyone tell me if it matters which wire goest to which terminal on the
brake light switch?  (Hoping this might be my problem.)  If the wires are
crossed will the a) circuit work, but blow often,, b) circuit not work at
all or c) work perfectly fine?

I also ordered about 10 fuses so I can blow a bunch in trying to diagnose
the problem.

On the fuel situation, I'm talking with Motorhead.  I understand that the
gas tank proper for the car is no longer manufactured and that some sort of
modification to the one that is available is required.  I've got Jeff at
Motorhead saying, "yeah, we'll do that for you", but I haven't had someone
get back to me with a price yet.  Anyone enlighten me as to the exact
nature of the modification?  Has it something to do with venting the tank?

Again, thanks to all for the great advice I've been getting.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos