Re: PCV for 948cc

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: PCV for 948cc
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 05:45:25 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Crash, on the high reving 948 TT race Bugeye(shifting at 7500 rpm)all I have
ever used was the 1098 style side cover and the valve cover vent, vented to
a catch can.  Never had any blow-by problems.  Of course, the motor is
healthy, with excellent compression, which will reduce blow-by.  That motor
was designed before positive crankcase ventilation, and relied, as Les
indicated, on a drop vent tube that actually created a little vacumn (cuz of
its design) when the car was moving at good speeds.  We have found you dont
even need that, if the motor/rings are healthy.

The 1275 is a different beast, and NEEDS some form of positive ventilation.
Learned that the hard way.

Gar

At 11:28 PM 11/4/98 PST, David Ramsey wrote:
>All this talk about PCV has got me thinking about my 948cc bad dog motor
that has always leaked.