Re: cooling system question.....and more ramblings

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>, "Mostyn" <mostyn_f@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: cooling system question.....and more ramblings
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:17:43 -0800
Cc: "SPRIDGETS" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You are correct - the larger pulley (on the water pump) will make the
pump spin more slowly.

It will improve cooling if and only if there is cavitation inside the pump.

>From my experience this is only true on high revving motors (operating
rev range > 6000 rpm - I.e. you are using the engine at higher revs than
this most of the time). Unless you sit on > 100mph for extended stretches
or you use the motor on the track, it is a waste of money (IMHO)

Mike