Re: Need Painting advice

To: "don browne" <browne@ici.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Need Painting advice
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 18:06:25 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Don!
I used a PPG acrylic lacquer basecoat/clear coat on my  Midget.   You do
not have to buff the basecoat, since  the shine and depth comes from the
clearcoat anyway.  After polishing the clearcoat, the paint job looks like
glass, and after almost 3 years I haven't had any problems with it.  Even
here in the wilds of North Carolina, lacquer is becoming scarce because of
environmental concerns.  Did you have trouble finding it?

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain