Re: DCOE v SU, was Re: 1.5" SUs

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: DCOE v SU, was Re: 1.5" SUs
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:26:58 -0800
Cc: <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>, <autox@earthlink.net>, <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm in the opposite situation. My rally bugeye's 1380 had a DCOE45
before I pulled the engine for a temporary race engine. When the
1380 goes back in (in a few weeks) it will have the HIF6 on a really
nice manifold (Russell Engineering). I'll report back on any difference.

As for mpg, on the club's economy run (a road navigation rally where the
sole competitive goal is fuel economy), the 1380, 286 cam, DCOE45
got a wonderful 45mpg!!! I did drive for economy though, which on a weber
means avoiding the accelerator pump as much as possible - i.e. steady
on the throttle.

Mike