A-arm id question

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A-arm id question
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:24:14 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

    Finally got around to inspecting some A-arms that I took off an
early production '75 in a pick and pull a few months ago.  On the side
of the arm, next to the hole for the interior bushings, is what appears
to be a round plate, originally painted black, about the same diameter
as the bushing hole.  It is riveted through the center to the A arm.  In
circular raised script it says Type E56.  It is on both A arms.

    I have never seen this on any A arms before, either the '79
(original and replacement set) or the '66.  Anything special about these
a-arms?  (they are drilled for the sway bar, another guy was taking it
off as I got there)

Steve.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."