crankcase venting

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: crankcase venting
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 07:06:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You may or may not recall that I asked about a noisy PCV valve about a week
ago. Nobody had any good ideas, but thinking about it gave me another
question:

What is the proper crankcase venting? My 1275 has a PO-installed aftermarket
valve cover with a 1/2-inch hose fitting. I am using that 1/2-inch hole
(fitted with a small filter) for the vent. But I have a steel valve cover in
the parts box that I got with the car and it is blanked off where that hose
fitting is.

Should I block off the hose fitting on my valve cover?

Thanks to all who answer. I really appreciate the help I get from this list.

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC