Re: front rotors

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: front rotors
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:24:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Adrian,

You can gently tap the back of the disk with a hammer, assuming you're
going to through it out. I spin the disk between taps. Or, you can remount
the tire and tug on that (make sure that your car is setting well on the
jackstands.) I've never had to use a hub extractor.

Jeff

At 5:10 PM -0500 11/17/98, J. Adrian Barnes wrote:

> Anybody know how to get to the list archive?  The link I was following
> off team.net gave me a 404 (file not found) error.
>
> Anyhoo...I was going to see if I could find the answer to this there,
> but....  How the heck do you get the rotors/discs/whatever off these
> cars (mine's a '75)?  The Haynes manual is sort of sketchy and mentions
> a hub extractor.  Pep Boys had never heard of one of those.  Any ideas?
> All I want to do is put on a new disc!  :-)  I got as far as pulling the
> little cap off, pulling out the pin, and taking off that weird nut.
> Thanks!
>
> adrian

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/