questions about Sebring Sprites (boring if you don't care about historic

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: questions about Sebring Sprites (boring if you don't care about historical stuff
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompso@total.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:49:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have several questions about the "Sebring" sprites which are pictured
on Larry Miller's web site (thanks Larry):

http://members.xoom.com/bugiiis/sprites.html

One: can anybody identify the brand of wheels son the red car? The
reason I ask is because I actually have a set of these in mint condition
which I bought from Don Orosco in California. He didn't know who the
manufacturer was either. They are magnesium, very light, 13x5", and are
period from the early 60's. And no, they are not minilights!

Two: who is the owner of the white "Sebring" Sprite in the picture from
Sprite Rush. I would like to know the history of the car. If you look
closely, you can see that it and the red car are not the same at all. In
actual fact, neither of them are real "Sebring" Sprites. Those were
either made by the Factory or John Sprinzel himself. Sprinzel's version
had coupé bodywork and a different bonnet. There are only six of these
originals: PMO 200, 410 EAO, WJB 707, D 20, S 221 and one which has been
lost. These original cars had a fiberglass bonnet with aluminum coupé
roof, rear panels, and doors. Many companies subsequently made copies of
these original Sprinzel designed and built cars, mainly Peel Motors and
Wilson-Spratt Motors (WSM).

Three: does anyone know of any other "Sebring" Sprites or any other
close variants hanging around?

More later,

Daniel T.